Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Owner Operator(s)
Business Title: Accent Renovations
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management. The main responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant is to provide support in solving issues, creating value, maximizing growth and improving business performance. An understanding of interior design would be an asset for this position.
Accent Renovations provides outstanding service with team performance, managing risks and delivering innovative construction solutions. We provide diverse service in keeping with the professional skills and collaboration of trades associates while delivering great communication, honesty and Integrity to our clients and communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner.
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate associates.
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information.
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the association in a professional and friendly manner.
- Provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies and
monitoring administrative projects.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and
documents; MS Office and Mac.
- Sort incoming mail, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate associate.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management.
- Set meetings and other arrangements for management.
- Manage and distribute information efficiently and effectively.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE:
- Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements.
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures.
- Process accounts payable ensuring timelines and accuracy of information.
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timelines, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup.
- Manage Petty Cash System for office.
PLANNING, SCHEDULING and DOCUMENTING:
- Plan events and prepare meeting agendas and supporting materials for distribution.
- Schedule appointments and prepare presentation materials.
- Draft minutes of meetings for review by management and ensure timely distribution.
- Create action list for management from meetings.
- Write business letters using word processing programs.
- Research, take notes and maintain good record keeping.
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
To be an Administrative Assistant, you will need to have:
- High School Diploma & Post secondary education in Office Administration
- Background in an office setting
- Experience in managing micro businesses is an asset
- Professionalism and positive attitude
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects at once
- Awareness of current business issues and trends
- Clear, objective and logical thinking
- The ability to work on your own initiative and work in a team environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- IT skills; Mac and Microsoft Office programs
- Bookkeeping skills; On-Line Fresh Books and Quickbooks are assets
- Typing skills of 60 wpm
- Managing Processes
- Reporting skills
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Professional knowledge; thorough understanding of terminology in renovations, interior design and business.
- Diverse; working with professionals and trades people.
- Strong skills; working in an exciting cutting edge environment with keeping a clear focus and managing specific tasks.